Monday, September 2, 2013

Have A Seat

   My husband and I decided that today we would try and take advantage of the labor day sales and find him some new suit pants, jacket, dress clothes etc... So we gathered up the kids and headed out to find some deals. As my husband headed to the dressing room with an arm full of items to try on, the kids and I camped out in the couple of chairs in the waiting area. Others trying on clothes headed in and out and some men had their wives with them as well. One man that was trying on a suit and his wife were a bit older and she tried to wait patiently as he went through several garments. I would guess she was probably around 70 and she was having a hard time standing, so I got up and told her to take my seat. She first waved me off and said she was just fine, but I could tell she was struggling a bit. So I insisted, and told her that I really didn't mind  and that I'd really like her to have my seat. She smiled and finally took my seat. She thanked me as she sat down and smiled at the kids. For the next few minutes the kiddos also provided her with entertainment as they continued to act and play silly. She laughed and thanked me again for being so kind. I'm glad she finally took my seat because her husband was still in there as we got ready to go and it looked like she was going to be there a while. Always glad to help out when I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment