Sunday, September 1, 2013

More Wedding Fun

   Sorry this post is a little late getting posted, but tonight's festivities went into the wee hours. This labor day weekend has been all about weddings so far, first with me helping one of my best friend's find her wedding dress and today being the actual wedding of my cousin Cassie. Today was also another day of several small good deeds in lieu of one big one.  Today's wedding, brunch and reception was beautiful and I was happy to be able to be there. At the brunch, one person from each table had to hula hoop to see which table got to go through the food line first. I volunteered for our table and didn't do so bad... we got to eat third :) While hula hooping may not seem like a good deed, no one else from our table was stepping up and we were all hungry. Then at the reception later this evening, my husband and I got a pretty good spot in the buffet line and when my 80+ year old grandparents made their way over, the line was ridiculously long. So we let them go in front of us so they didn't have to stand and wait so long. Also before things got too crazy at the reception, I helped some with another cousins small baby. Holding, rocking, and walking him around so she could eat and participate with the other bridesmaids. I'm sure there may have been a few other small things. but my mind isn't exactly firing on all cylinders right now. Another great day and with a few acts of kindness thrown in to make it all that much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment