Sunday, September 22, 2013

Kindness From Tragedy

   Today on this laid back Sunday I was cruising the internet and reading local news articles and trying to get caught up. I came across an article out of Memphis about a group of friends who have been performing acts of kindness in memory of their friend who was killed during an attempted robbery. You can read it in it's entirety by clicking HERE. The group talks about about their friend David very fondly and how he always gave to and helped others. He became a nurse for the very reason of wanting to help others in need. As a tribute to him they've gone and performed several acts of kindness and left anonymous notes telling that they were in honor of their friend David. Word of these acts have been spreading fast and others are getting in on the action and doing their own acts of kindness. Another friend here in Nashville has started the David Santucci Foundation to raise money in his honor and to give to one of David's favorite charities. I was really touched when I read this article and so happy to see that people's acts of kindness were spreading fast. So for my good deed/ act of kindness I'm going to continue to spread this story in hopes it will inspire others and also donate to the foundation. I hope it inspires you the way it did me.

No comments:

Post a Comment