Monday, September 30, 2013

Funds For Public Radio

   So I'll come right out and say it... I'm a nerd or geek or whatever word you choose to use when describing those that like to listen to news radio and programming on NPR. I really enjoy so many of the shows and will tune the radio in the car to it most anytime I get in to take the kids somewhere or run errands. I feel like it keeps me up to date on what's going on locally and globally and best of all there are NO commercials! Four times a year they have fundraising campaigns to keep the station going since they aren't getting revenue from advertisers. Every time they have one of these campaigns I always think, "well, there will be thousands of others that will contribute.", so I do nothing with the hopes that others will step up and support them so I can keep listening to the radio I like. This is such a poor attitude to have and I've let it go on for too long.  Well while listening this morning, NPR began talking about the fall fundraiser going on and I decided to finally help out. So I hopped online and made a small donation to help the news and talk radio that I love. This year has been about helping out and doing for others because I have been so blessed. I'm just sad it took me this long to come around.

No comments:

Post a Comment