Saturday, September 28, 2013

Yard Sale Saturday

   Today my father-in-law and I embarked on our yearly tradition of spending a Saturday morning hitting as many yard sales as we can in hopes of finding some great deals. We started pretty early and found not only lots of yard sales, but several community wide yard sales. We had a great time and in the end my kids ended up scoring pretty big and getting some great stuff.
One of the yard sales we came across was trying to raise money for an adoption they were doing. The family was in the process of adopting a baby from Haiti and all the money they made from this sale was going to fund the extremely high costs that come along with the process. They were very sweet and so excited about the new addition that was coming to their family. So I was more than happy to help by buying a few of their items and adding a few extra dollars to the cause. I have a few friends who have adopted and all have told me how it can be very expensive so I hope I was able to help even if it was only a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment