Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Strolling For Trash

 We are lucky to live close enough to my daughter's school that we can walk her instead of drive. It's something that the whole family has grown to enjoy over these past few weeks. But what has really begun to bother me is the amount of trash that I see on our walks to the school and back. We live less than half a mile away and it's sad the amount of litter we see. After this morning I couldn't look at it any longer. So for my good deed/act of kindness today I picked up all the litter and trash I could on the walk to get my daughter from school. I know I had picked up garbage off the highway earlier this year as one of my good deeds, but I felt this needed to be done again, especially since no one else was doing it. While I picked up trash I noticed several people in their cars watching me as they drove by. Since I wasn't in an orange jumpsuit, I'm assuming they were wondering why I was out there picking up litter. I hope some of them will follow along and pick up any trash  they see as well to keep our community beautiful. Or better yet, not throw their trash out in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment