Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Remembering Our Heros On 9/11

   Today marks the 12 year anniversary of the 9/11 attacks and here in the U.S. it's a day of remembrance and memorial. So many people lost their lives that day and many of them knowingly did so. I'm referring to all the policemen, firemen and other service men and women who put their lives on the line to help and rescue others during the attacks and knew that by doing so there was a good chance they wouldn't survive themselves. Many risk their lives to protect us everyday when they go to work, not just when huge disasters like 9/11 occur. But days like today we're much more aware of the great sacrifices they make. With all this in mind, today I baked several dozens of cookies to deliver to our local policemen and firemen. I wanted to show my appreciation for what they do and I also included a note of thanks to let them know we care. The police station was pleasantly surprised when we showed up but there was something going on when we got there so we left them with the clerk at the front. She assured me they'd go quick and thanked us for thinking of them. Then when we delivered to the firehouse, my son got a real treat. They welcomed us in, showed us around and then took us out to show him the truck. He got to sit inside it, try out some gear and they even gave him his own fireman's hat. Here he is with one of Murfreesboro's bravest!
They were so welcoming to me and my son and very appreciative for the cookies, they must have thanked us six or seven times before we left. I'm really happy we got to do a little something for those who keep us safe everyday. I hope they know just how grateful we are for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment