Friday, September 6, 2013

Not What I Was Planning...

   Today's good deed/act of kindness was not what I was expecting and I didn't even do it on purpose, so some may argue that it really doesn't count. But someone benefited from it and their day was made a little better so I'm counting it, lol. Earlier today I ran into the grocery store to buy something real quick so that I could go through the U-Scan and get some cash back. I had my son with me and for whatever reason I decided to take him in without the stroller. He was running all over the place of course and when we went to check out I payed for my stuff and entered that I wanted ten dollars cash back. I then turned around to grab my son as he was about to knock over a candy display and snatched him up right in time. When I turned back around to the U-Scan I grabbed my bag, receipt, purse and hurried out of there before PJ got into something else. But you know what I didn't grab... my ten dollars. I didn't even realize it until we were already home and I had laid my son down for a nap. At first I was so mad, but then I thought maybe it was supposed to happen that way. Maybe the next person who came across the money was someone who really needed it and was able to put it toward their grocery purchase. Even if it wasn't someone who was in need who found the money I'm sure it was a nice surprise and who knows... maybe they'll use the money to do something nice for someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment