Thursday, September 19, 2013

Mammogram Momma...

   Earlier today I was talking to my mom on the phone and she was telling me about how much (insert sarcasm here) "fun" she had this morning getting a mammogram. I've heard horror stories from several women about getting them and don't look forward to when they become a routine part of my own check ups. Even though they don't sound that great I'm really glad we have the technology and the ability to do this procedure. Mammograms are still the best early detection when it comes to breast cancer, a cancer that one in eight women will develop in their lifetime. Scary huh.... I can think of four or five women that I personally know that have or have had breast cancer. Well after talking to my mom I got to thinking about mammograms and breast cancer and came across The Breast Cancer Site. This site is a part of the greater good websites and by clicking on the big pink button on the home page you donate mammograms to women who need them and can't afford them. Another great cause that you can help simply by clicking your mouse. So while you're sitting there on your computer reading this... perhaps in your underware, lol... click on the link above and help give a mammogram!

No comments:

Post a Comment