Thursday, March 21, 2013

A little Inspiration

   Today's random act of kindness was inspired by my oldest and dearest friend Aimee. We've been friends since freshman year of high school and she's just all around great. For my 30th birthday a few years back, she made me an awesome gift. She took a cookie jar and filled it with all kinds of funny, sweet and inspirational quotes and messages and any time I'm feeling down, anxious, overwhelmed or jaded by life I can reach in and pull out some inspiration to make me feel better.
There have been days where just pulling out one message has picked me up and others where I have needed to dip into the jar 10+ times, lol. But in the end the result has been the same, I've been reminded that I'm lucky, blessed and should be thankful. Since I know how powerful one little slip of paper has been for me I thought I should pass on a little happiness and inspiration to others. So today I took several quotes and messages that I find either uplifting, funny or mood changers and headed over to Barnes and Noble bookstore and slipped them into random books all over the store.

 I tried to match them where I thought they might do the most good, for example I put the ones I found humorous or positive in books in the self help section or books dealing with depression. I'm hoping when these messages are read people will find just what they need or have been looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment