Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Military Family Coupon Project

Today while going through my coupons, I pulled out the ones that were expired or were going to in the next day or two to make way for the new ones I have clipped and printed recently. When I end up with expired coupons I usually just toss or recycle them but I had heard somewhere that you can send expired coupons to the military and their families stationed over seas. So I hopped online to search around and see if I could find any more info and details about this. I found a website called grocerysavingtips.com that said that this was in fact true. Actually military families overseas can use coupons for food, household items and toiletries for up to six months after their expiration date. This website had all the info I needed to send my coupons to the Military Family Coupon Project like what coupons are allowed vs. what aren't, how to package them, addresses on where to send them, etc. They even had a small letter you could print out for the military base to include with your coupons if you like. It was all very simple, so I gathered all that I had and put them in an envelope to send off to help some families. It was a small gesture to help families who sacrifice on a daily basis for their country.

No comments:

Post a Comment