Sunday, March 24, 2013

Earth Hour... A Day Late...

  After getting online last night I was bummed to find out that I had missed participating in Earth Hour. I had planned on it being what I do for a good deed but I thought it wasn't until the end of this month or closer to Earth day in April. But it was actually last night from 8:30 to 9:30 pm. Earth Hour is a global event where for one hour people turn off all their lights and electricity to reduce carbon emissions and raise awareness for global warming. But after thinking about it, it doesn't matter if I did it last night when so many others did. What matters is I I did it at all. So for one hour today we turned off all the lights, unplugged everything and turned off all electronics... including my phone. This initiative started back in 2007 and has spread around the globe. Now in addition to turning off everything for one hour they also have other challenges and calls to action you can take to help reduce our impact or footprint, if you will, on the environment. You can find out more about this by clicking HERE.
I never really thought about this kind of thing until I had kids of my own and the world that they and their kids are going to inherit someday. I figure I need to be doing what I can so that they can enjoy our home as much as I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment