Saturday, March 16, 2013

Missing Hat

   Today I got to spend the afternoon with my daughter and mom and a teddy bear tea for girls at the historic Sam Davis home. It was so cute and fun and I highly recommend it to you who are local and have young girls. While we were there an opportunity to help came about. After the tea we got a guided tour of the property and home. While going upstairs to see more of the house I noticed a small hat laying on the floor and realized it was a little too modern to be part of some of the displays in the house and knew it had to belong to one of the little girl's dolls. So I began searching around to find the stuffed owner of the hat and perhaps a little girl looking around too. I asked around about the hat and finally came across a girl who had just realized that her doll's hat was missing. She was very sweet and so happy that someone had found it. She was also very polite and thanked me right away. I have enjoyed all these acts of kindness so far, but doing ones for children are even better, they seem to always get so much more out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment