Saturday, March 9, 2013

Helping Hand At The Playground

   So far today I have been able to do a couple of acts of kindness. It was finally warm enough to do something with the kiddos outside, so this morning we headed to their favorite park/playground to let them have some fun and enjoy the weather. The park we went to is pretty large and spread out so sometimes it can be hard to keep up with the kids, but since I had my husband with me today we were able to keep a man on man defense on the kids if you will. But there were other parents there today who weren't so lucky and were trying to keep up with and mange multiple kids by themselves. I've done this at this particular park before and it is nerve racking to say the least. So my husband and I both helped out fellow parents today by pushing several kiddos on swings, giving some a hand climbing up and down equipment and even helping some scared ones who got stuck on slides and ladders that were too high up for their liking. We all had a great time at the park and hopefully my husband and I were able to ease some of the craziness with an extra hand here and there for other parents. Also while out this morning I had to get my daily coffee fix and my barista was extra friendly for someone having to work on a Saturday as nice as this one so I helped fill up their tip jar with my change. Today has been pretty great so far and helping others always makes it that much more enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment