Sunday, March 31, 2013

The Very Last Cobbler

   Today we got together with my husband's family for Easter brunch at one of our favorite local spots B. McNeels. It's a great little place with an awesome Sunday buffet that has fabulous desserts. When we went today we were seated upstairs but that awesome buffet I mentioned a moment ago is downstairs. Now while I don't mind huffing it up and down several times for more green bean casserole, fresh fruit, ham, cornbread and coconut pie... it's a bit harder for my husband's grandmother. After my second, no wait... third trip down to sample another dessert it was brought to grandma's attention that there was peach cobbler on the buffet. She then looked at her coconut pie sitting in front of her and you could just tell by the look on her face that she would much rather be staring at peach cobbler instead of coconut pie. She then commented that she wished she'd seen that or had known it was down there. So for today's good deed and act of kindness, I jumped up and told her I'd gladly go back downstairs and get her one so she didn't have to make another trip. I headed down and over to the dessert bar and saw that the peach cobbler was very popular because there was only serving left. I snatched it up before others behind me could and yes... I grabbed myself something else to sample as well. I then took her cobbler upstairs and she was so very appreciative that I made the trip for her, especially since it was the last one.

No comments:

Post a Comment