Saturday, March 2, 2013

Helping Others With Ellen... Fingers Crossed

   I don't know about you, but I'm a big fan of The Ellen Show. She's funny, has great actors and musical guests but the reason I really enjoy her show is because she is incredibly generous. She has had several different segments where she has given thousands of dollars to schools in need, the military and their families, disaster relief and so many charities that I can't even begin to recall then all. She has even been able to get other companies and corporations to donate their time and money to worthy causes as well. She is a huge believer in random acts of kindness and even has a page on her site where you can nominate deserving people who are in need of financial support, vehicles or just shed light on someone who is inspiring and deserves some recognition. Here's where I come in... For today's act of kindness I nominated several people who I thought could benefit from some assistance from Ellen and were more than deserving and inspiring to me. I've come into contact with so many great people through this journey so far and to be able to help any of them in a big way would be awesome. I know that all acts big or small can help others, but just imagine how much kindness and help I could give with the help of someone as big as Ellen. So keep your fingers crossed and who knows... maybe sometime this year one of you out there will be hearing from her!

No comments:

Post a Comment