Sunday, March 3, 2013

Be The Match

   For today's act of kindness and good deed I joined the National Marrow Donor Registry and it only took minutes. Sadly everyday more people are diagnosed with blood cancers like leukemia and lymphoma and a bone marrow transplant is usually their best shot at beating the disease and having a normal life again. By signing up and joining the registry, hospitals all over the country have access to possible donor matches that they may not have known existed before. All I had to do was fill out some medical history forms on their website and they are sending me a kit that includes cotton swabs to gather cells from my cheek with a quick swab of the inside of my mouth.  It was just that easy and now my name is on a national registry where I could be potential life saving match for any one of thousands of cancer patients. You can check out their website HERE and find out more information about what the donation process is like and get any and all of your questions answered. You just may be the match that someone out there is hoping for!

No comments:

Post a Comment