Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Checking One Off The List

   I may have mentioned this before, but when I set out on this goal of performing 365 acts of kindness and good deeds, I had a few in mind that I was really hoping would come my way. Some are a little cliche' but some of them are helping a stranded motorist, volunteering at a soup kitchen and taking gifts to kids in the hospital to name a few. Today I was able to cross one off my list... assisting an elderly person at the grocery with their shopping. While I was out this morning with my son, I met a very nice older lady who was having issues with her cart and was willing to let me help by pushing her cart for her. Then when she was finished and all her items were loaded up I returned the cart for her. I was really glad I got to do this, it felt great to help her and she seemed to enjoy seeing and talking to my son. His cuteness may be the reason she was willing to let us help because every other time I've offered help people at the store they haven't been very receptive and seemed kind of weary of me. In these days and times I know you can never be too careful so I understand people not wanting me to approach them. I'm hoping this blog reaches more and more everyday  so when you see me you know you're in for something good!

No comments:

Post a Comment