Wednesday, March 6, 2013

My Two Cents

   Today's act was a small one, but one that I still think is important and can make a difference to someone. As a rule of thumb I really try not to give my opinion or advise unless specifically asked by someone because I don't want to offend or hurt anyone's feelings. Also, in more instances than I can remember I've been given everyone's advise and opinion on a subject when I never asked for it in the first place. I feel like most of the time it is better to just be someone who is willing to listen or be a sounding board than to tell people how to handle their business and whatnot. But on two different occasions today with a friend and family member I was asked for some advise and opinions and to be "that" person. In both instances they seemed to happy to get some feedback and another perspective, but I was also there to listen and support them with their predicaments. By the end of each conversation they seemed happy to have been able to talk about it with someone else and get things off their chest. Giving advise and listening to someone when they need another person to talk to isn't a big act, but I found out today that it can make a big difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment