Monday, March 4, 2013

Penny Bank For A Cause

   So I'd like to think that great ideas just come to me naturally but that really isn't the case. I've gotten lots of great suggestions from family, friends, the internet and my own kiddos have even been the inspiration behind some of the RAK's this year. My hope is that the more people that read and follow the blog will: 1) get inspired and perform acts of kindness and good deeds of their own for others out there and 2) continue to pass on great ideas or names of those in need to me so I can continue this awesome journey. So with those two points in mind,  I came up with my act of kindness for today and it is to start a piggy bank for a cause to be determined later this year. The way it gets filled up is with your help... I started it today with loose change I found around the house, but from now on whenever someone follows or subscribes to the blog or sends me some ideas or feedback I will add five cents to the piggy bank. Then at the end of the year all the money will be donated. If you have already subscribed then I will go ahead and add five cents. To follow, Look on the right hand side of this page and find where it says followers and then click on Join this Site. Or you can scroll all the way down and click on subscribe to posts or enter your email address where it says follow by email. I'm hoping this takes off so we can fill the piggy bank and keep spreading more random acts of kindness!

Update: I heard back from GiGi's cupcakes today after stopping in last Friday and paying for the next person's cupcake. They told me that person was so grateful they paid for the person after them and this continued on through the afternoon. This is so awesome and the exact kind of response I'm hoping for. You can read about it on GiGi's cupcakes of Murfreesboro facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment