Sunday, March 17, 2013

Out There Workin' It

   This weekend has been filled with lots of fun and family that have kept us pretty busy. So much in fact, that I didn't realize until we were leaving the grocery this evening that I hadn't really performed a random act of kindness for today. So once again I turned to my daughter and asked her if there was anyone she knew of who could use some help or someone who could benefit from just some little nice gesture. Today she was all out of ideas, but as we were brainstorming in the car we spotted a sign twirler out close to street really working it, and I mean working it. He was running back and forth, tossing his pizza sign all around and waving to all the traffic. Of course my daughter yelled out, "hey, look at that guy!" So we pulled over across the street and watched him for a few minutes. I was impressed by how hard he was working out there when he really could just stand there holding his sign. As much as he was running all over and jumping up and down I figured he could use some kind of refreshment. So we drove over and and gave him a cold bottled water and told him he was doing a fantastic job. He was surprised and thanked us for thinking of him. He even gave the kids a special wave as we left. Glad we could give him a little break today!

No comments:

Post a Comment