Friday, March 15, 2013

Passing On The Stories

   The last few days I've been packing up some of our books that we have read and enjoyed and are ready to pass on to someone else to enjoy. I wasn't sure who I wanted to donate them to so I stuck to the plan that has been working for me so far and just waited for an opportunity to present itself. This morning it hit me like a ton of bricks and has been obvious all week but I just now put it together. I already had plans to deliver some items today for an Easter egg hunt to a local nursing home for my mom's group and thought "Duh... why not take the books to the residents there?" So I grabbed the books and thought about what else they might like to have for some leisure time. I found some extra decks of cards, trivia we never play and some dominoes and added those to the books. When I took them over they were very grateful for new items and the activities director assured me that the residents would enjoy them and they would get plenty of use. I'm glad I could find a great new home for these items.

No comments:

Post a Comment